This delectable formula for velvety chicken noodle soup emulates the savory taste of a pot pie.
To minimize your preparation time, we recommend purchasing a rotisserie chicken, ideally, a substantial one brimming with succulent breast meat.
For an added touch, accompany this cozy and effortless soup dish with a crisp green salad or, for those with a hearty appetite, a grilled cheese sandwich.
This Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup with Rotisserie Chicken is a hearty and delicious meal that will warm you up on a cold day. It is packed with flavor and is very easy to make.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, sauté the onion, garlic, celery, and carrots in a little bit of olive oil until they are tender.
- Add the shredded rotisserie chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the egg noodles and dried thyme. Let simmer until the noodles are cooked.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
This recipe serves 6 people. Each serving contains approximately:
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 32g
- Sodium: 1200mg